Good morning MWB parents and students!
Time to start getting everything ready for the new year – and that includes FORMS!
You can now find all the REQUIRED FORMS for the new year in CHARMS as of today!
Some of these forms must be NOTARIZED and, lucky us, our very own Booster President, Ann Adair, will be at the first day of BAND CAMP and able to notarize for us!
So, go into CHARMS, go to HANDOUTS AND FILES, first print out FORMS CHECKLIST 2015, follow the list and print out all the rest of the forms on that list and BRING TO BAND CAMP!
Also, for anyone wishing to volunteer, the required Serve Form for Hillsborough County is there for parents to print, complete and Ann can notarize for you as well. See how organized we are??
Let’s start out this new year ahead of the game – BRING YOUR FORMS TO BAND CAMP!!
Any questions? Email me at email@example.com
Let’s go MWB!!
Traci Alger (student – Daniel Wade)
Calling all Band Parents!
Our upcoming band camp is swiftly approaching and with that comes some volunteer needs! We are in need of some loving, giving parents to help with the most important part of their day – LUNCH! Volunteers will need to be there from 11am to 1pm. Our volunteer coordinator, Ivana Vergara, has already placed the needed spots into Charms (and if you haven’t set up your Charms account, NOW is the time!). So, if you have the time available, we need you!
She has also set up spots (ALREADY! yikes!) for our first game – so check those out as well! Get ready, set, GO!
Any questions on how and where to volunteer, feel free to contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org or her cell phone number is 813-767-1715.
Looking forward to a FANTASTIC year!
Greetings and welcome to the Steinbrenner High School Band Program! We are so happy to have you join us!
It is critical that you set up your account in Charms so we can contact you and your parents with the latest information about band activities.
- Go to http://charmsoffice.com/
- Select ENTER/LOGIN in the upper right corner
- Select PARENTS/STUDENTS/MEMBERS from the drop down menu
- Your school code is SteinbrennerHSBand
- Your student’s ID is designed like this: DoeJ for Jane Doe
- If you do not have a student ID, please contact us right away and we will set that up. Send an email with your name, grade, and instrument to email@example.com
- Select the Student Info icon (second from the left)
- You should change your password right away to something you can remember and is secure. It is advisable to include a capital letter, a number, and a symbol in your new password.
- After changing your password, go to Personal Information. It is critical that this information is accurate. We need you to enter/confirm your home mailing address, phone numbers, email address, and add at least one of your adults to your account using the Add Adult button. This is how we communicate with you and your family effectively.
- Feel free to take a tour of Charms and check out the calendar, forms, finances, and anything else that catches your eye.
- You will need to visit the Finances area to pay for band camp ($60) and any other fees associated with your participation in band. Staying on top of this helps us to meet our budget and pay for expenses the band needs to operate.
If you have any issues getting into Charms, please contact Ann Adair at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will get you situated!
Let’s rock and roll!
School’s out for summer, but it’s time to start planning for band camp!
August 4-6, noon-4pm
Band Camp (including percussion):
August 10-13, 9am-5pm and August 15, 9am-2pm
Band Family Picnic and Mandatory Parent Meeting:
August 15, noon-2pm
Registration will be up soon!
2015-2016 Legends Audition Results:
The Steinbrenner High School Marching Warrior Brigade and Legends would like to congratulate those with the following audition numbers for earning spots on the Steinbrenner High School Legends Color Guard for the 2015-2016 school year. All members of the 2015-2016 team and a parent representative are required to attend a meeting on Tuesday, May 12th @6:00pm in the Steinbrenner High School Band room.
We need your help. Steinbrenner Band Boosters are always fundraising to support the band. We have our traditional means such as spirit wear, parking at the football games and our annual Mulch Sale. This year we got creative and even sold mattresses at the “Mattress Palooza” as well as had our very first Casino night with a silent auction. The band students and parents are always involved and working hard to help so that we can continue to help support our Band Department.
Typically funds go to assist in the preventative care & maintenance of the band equipment, new instruments, uniforms, aid to families who are less fortunate etc. However our goal this year is to help reduce the cost of our students’ fee for our performance at the Liberty Bowl, in Memphis, TN this December.
Generous donors, like you, are the key to our success and make it possible for ALL BAND STUDENTS to enjoy the experience. We hope that we can count on your support to help us lower the cost per student and leave no child behind.
If you are able, please donate online using the PayPal link in the upper left corner here. Thank you for your time and for considering this request. We look forward to working with you and creating dreams come true for our kids.
President, Steinbrenner Band Boosters
This Saturday, we will be performing in the King High School Lion’s Pride Marching Festival. We are scheduled to take the field at 4:15pm. You do not want to miss this! Come out early and stay for a day full of exciting marching band performances as well as 2 drum battles! Our drumline will be performing in the 2nd drum battle, which takes place between the final marching band and the awards ceremony.
Students need to be at school in time to have a run through at 1pm. (This means that they need to be fed and watered before they get there, and should be there by 12:45 to be ready to march at 1pm.)
You can find out all the juicy details at: http://www.khsmarchinglions.com/lionspride/about.html
If you are not one of the official band chaperones for Saturday, you will need to purchase a ticket at the gate. There is a concession stand, so you will want to send some money with your child for dinner/snacks.
The orders are in and being totaled. Stay tuned for the grand totals!
Delivery is happening Friday night and Saturday, Sept. 26-27.
Students and parents are expected to participate with the delivery.
Please sign up on Charms for your volunteer spot. Fundraising points will be awarded for participation!
It’s that time of year to order mulch!
We are working with Pine Lake Nursery again for the same fantastic mulch at competitive prices. If you have the opportunity, please thank them for supporting our program and check out their nursery for all of your landscaping needs.
Here’s everything you need to know about the mulch sale:
- Order form packets distributed at school today, Aug. 29.
- All orders are due Sept. 22
- Deliveries take place on Sept. 26-27
- Cypress, Pine Bark, and Mini-Nuggets come in 3 cubic foot bags @$4.50/bag
- Red Mulch comes in 2 cubic foot bags @$4.00/bag
- 5 bag minimum per address/order
- Make checks payable to: SBB
- If you order online, please put the student name in the “Notes to Seller” during checkout to give that student credit.
Still not sure you can sell on your own? Come out on Saturday Sept. 6, and work together! Sign up in Charms.
Boosters, we need your help to pull this off! Specifically, we need adult drivers for Sept. 6 canvassing. We also need trucks and trailers for deliveries. You will have plenty of help loading and unloading.
Each 4-hour shift worked by parents on delivery day is worth 1/2 point, for a maximum of 1 point.
Questions? Ask them here in the comments.
Now, get out there and sell some mulch! Go Warriors!
The due date is coming fast – August 20!
The football boosters sell ads for the football programs each year and they have a few black & white opportunities left.
Here are the forms you need with all of the ordering information.