Band/Legends & Parents,
We really need your help with our biggest fundraiser of the year, the mulch sale. This is our best chance to raise money for the entire band! Selling 30 bags of mulch equals roughly 1 point – so this is a great way to knock all of your required points out!
Order form packets will be distributed at the canvassing opportunities this weekend and on Monday at school.
We expect to have all band members (instruments & guard) to participate! Parents are also needed to drive the kids to neighborhoods to canvass door to door (3+ kids/car).
When: Saturday, March 5th
Time: 9:30AM – 12:30PM
Where: Meet in Bus Circle
When: Sunday, March 6th
Time: 1:30PM – 4:30PM
Where: Meet in the Teacher Parking Lot
- Each student bring a pen, clip board (if available), a bottle of water and be dressed in Practice Uniform (band shirt & shorts)
- Parent volunteers signing up will be responsible for driving students around neighborhoods to gather mulch sales. **The drivers will need to have a Serve form on file. If you haven’t filled it out yet you’ll find it on Charms under ‘Handouts’**
- Parent drivers need to bring an empty cooler in their car to keep water in.
SIGN UP NOW ON CHARMS!!
See you there!
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Fall Mulch Sale!
We are taking orders starting today, Sept. 9th, through Friday, Sept. 25th. Don’t miss out on getting a great price for mulch delivered right to your house!
We deliver to homes and businesses in the Steinbrenner High School Area. Delivery will take place October 9-10.
SHOP FOR MULCH NOW
A couple of important things to remember:
- 5-bag minimum per order.
- In order for a student to receive credit for an online sale, you must put their name in the “Additional Information” section when you check out.
It’s the FIRST DAY!! It’s exciting and crazy, but please don’t forget that we also have our first marching band practice!
NEED TO BRING TO SCHOOL: instrument, music, practice clothes (either change into or wear), and camelbak. Practice is from 3:30 to 6:30pm – YOU MUST HAVE A RIDE HOME! Be hydrated (that means drink lots of water, not coke!) and if you haven’t purchased from Charms, bring a snack for after school. You will be glad you did!
If you have any questions, ASK!
LET’S GO MWB!
BBQ Saturday, Aug 15 and MANDATORY MEETING!
At least one parent from your family is required to attend this meeting at 12pm this Saturday. We are also inviting your ENTIRE family to our delicious BBQ after! It’s going to be a GREAT day with our entire BAND FAMILY and a great preview of the SHOW – YAY!!
Time – 11:45 Parents – ARRIVE ON TIME
This is the time to socialize, ask questions and then get to the CAFETERIA so we can start the mandatory meeting on time. We have a lot to cover!
Parking – Senior student lot ONLY
Volunteers – red zone (see attached map)
Park in the senior student parking lot next to the football field – ONLY! The bus circle area is OFF LIMITS as we will have band practice still taking place and the grill will be going. Follow the signs that will be posted and you will know where to go – I have also attached the map.
Volunteers – Know where you’re working and when
Check in with Ivana at firstname.lastname@example.org
Bring – Forms
This is your opportunity to turn in any forms that are required and necessary payments/dues. LET’S BE 100% COMPLIANT!! ;-). What forms? All can be found within Charms and there is a checklist so you know what is required. Can’t get into Charms? We will have a laptop set up so we can help!
DESSERTS! Please bring – we love our sugar!
Warrior Wear will be on sale and this is the perfect opportunity to purchase so we can show our support to our FABULOUS kids! And you will want to show your pride as we face Gaither in our first home game on August 28th! So bring your checkbook or credit card and support the most AWESOME band ever!
Here is the map – know where to go! Detailed instructions are in the previous post. Let’s go MWB!
BAND CAMP DROP OFF AND PARKING – WHAT TO DO:
Turn into the front entrance of the school and proceed to the Bus Circle.
If you have already paid for band camp ($60), ALL of your forms are complete (please check the list found in Charms to confirm) AND the health form is notarized, you will simply drive through the designated check-in area, drop off your forms, your student, and 1 case of water (or $10).
If any of those things are incomplete, you will park in the bus circle and come to the registration tent to complete forms / pay for band camp / get health form notarized, and turn in / buy water for $10.
Only staff and parent volunteers may park in the red zone. Students who are driving themselves to band camp may park in the blue areas.
Parent Volunteers: Please report to the Patio/Volunteer HQ on time. This week, we will be serving approximately 700 people each day. Please park in the red zone. If you have any questions before then, contact Ivana Vergara, our volunteer coordinator, before your scheduled time.
Let’s get EXCITED! Band camp is HERE!!! Go MWB!
Need 8 helpers for each of 2 time slots from Aug. 10 to Aug. 13:
7:00 AM to 10:30 AM & 10:15 AM to 2:00 PM
This is to help with selling snack items at the school to teachers who will be at training and incoming freshman who will be at orientation. Also, helpers will help sell lunches to teachers by taking orders and getting them their boxed lunch during their lunch hour. It is a great opportunity for our fundraising! Thank you for your willingness to help!
Need 6 helpers to sell WARRIOR WEAR during New Student Orientation at the school on Aug. 11 from 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM
Log into CHARMS today and let’s get to work! See you there!
Monday – Superhero day
Tuesday – Rock Star day
Wednesday – Wacky Wednesday ( be weird, mismatch, be creative)
Thursday – Dynamic Duo day (be your favorite dynamic duo with a friend, ie. Sponge Bob and Patrick, etc.)
Saturday – Section day (wear your section colors, if you don’t know what it is ask your section leader!)
Who’s your section leader/leadership? Here ya go:
MWB Leadership Team:
Band Captain: Kristen Strychalski
Lieutenant Band Captain: James Wall
Drum Majors: Stefie Pishock, Amanda Masut, Alex Massiah
High Brass Section Leaders: Nicholas Polvony and Danny Corn
Clarinet Section Leaders: Michael Meloy and Jenna Whitney
Flute Section Leader: Carli Wiltse
Low Brass Section Leader: Jared Kottke
Saxophone Section Leader: McCrea Weller
Pit Captain: Rebekah Koutereba
Spirit Captains: Emily Holley, Marcus Smith
Quartermasters: Dylan Jerrels, Brandon Vegera, Nathaniel Nester
Guard Captain: Allie Pishock
Guard Co-Captains: Sam Masut, Bri Hill
Guard Resource Manager: Amanda Yurich
Librarians: Elizabeth Adair, Tiffany Froude, Leah Gallo
Historian: Grace Holloway
Band camp means long days, but dressing up like batman makes it a lot more fun!
BUT!! You will need athletic shoes for marching basics! Do NOT show up in flip flops, flat bottomed shoes, Sperrys, barefooted, etc..
See you there in your SPIRIT!!
Hello everyone! As band camp and the new school year are approaching there are some things that need to addressed:
- Everyone must have a Camelbak water pack to bring with you on the first day of band camp and to every marching band rehearsal there on. You can find these in the camping section of Wal-Mart for about $20-$30. There will be minimal water breaks during rehearsals because every student’s Camelbak will provide adequate hydration for a long period of time. There is a photo of a version of the Camelbak hydration pack attached below.
- The Qzar outing is scheduled for August 8th and we would really love to see all old and new members there… As well as some fun band parents! (Which all of you are!) It’ll be a great time and you even might have the chance to shoot Ms. Conte with a laser gun!!
- Forms need to be turned in ASAP! The collection will be started on the first day of band camp and will be accepted NO LATER than August 28th. The list of forms needed to be turned in can be found in the Charms handout section under the file name “Forms Checklist 2015”. All forms listed are available on the handout section of Charms. Again, as a courtesy to Ms. Conte’s sanity, PLEASE TURN THESE IN AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! We do not want to hunt you down.
- Everyone needs to RSVP through Charms and have paid for band camp by August 1st. This is BY TOMORROW!! If you have any questions on how to RSVP or pay please email our Booster President, Ann Adair at email@example.com.
- Every student is required to bring in a case (or as many cases as you want) of water to donate for the marching band season. We need to keep our band and volunteers hydrated during games so please bring in your case as soon as possible!
This season is going to be awesome guys! Let’s get off to a great start by checking all of these things off of our lists! ROCK ON!
Stefie Pishock – Drum Major
Come and meet your fellow band members for our annual games of laser tag! Stay as long as you want, play as many games as you want, and get the chance to beat Ms. Conte! 😉
**Wristbands are around $20, but there is a Groupon out right now with good discounts if you’re not looking to play as many games.**
When? Saturday, August 8 at 7:00pm
Where? QZAR Tampa, 7807 North Dale Mabry Highway, Tampa, Florida 33612
NOTE FROM MS. CONTE: The Qzar event is a great opportunity for band members to gather and reconnect. It is also our first mixer with our new members. Apparently many do not have FB, so I am concerned they won’t know how important this event is for them. Please spread the word. Also, whichever section has the highest number in attendance will be graced with me on their team…you know the one that WINS! There will be no mercy, no one will be spared!
SEE YOU THERE!!!