Welcome to the 2018 – 2019 Steinbrenner Marching Warrior Brigade!
Here is what you need to know for the first day of band camp!
Check-in starts at 11:00am in the bus circle parking lot. Band camp BEGINS at NOON. If you arrive after 11:00am, you are late. Please allow plenty of time to get through check-in and have all your forms completed ahead of time so we can get you through the process very quickly.
Charms is our student data management system. You can access it at http://charmsoffice.com and login with group name: SteinbrennerHSBand and Student ID (for example: John Doe would be DoeJ). You can download forms, make payments, see the calendar and sign up to volunteer through Charms. Forms are found under HANDOUTS AND FILES tab.
Checklist for Monday:
- Band Camp Fee $80 (paid in Charms or by check to SBB)
- Medical Release Forms (2 needed – 1 for file, 1 for trips) – there will be 2 notaries at check-in for your convenience
- New Student Uniform Package (not for Guard) $80 – Practice Uniform, hat and Dinkles marching band shoes (form in Charms) – NOT NEEDED FOR RETURNING STUDENTS!
- Returning Students Only – Extra/replacement practice uniform parts/Dinkles order form and payment (form in Charms)
- Required school forms (hazing/social media, media release – forms in Charms)
- Saturday BBQ RSVP form. BBQ is being catered for our lunch for EVERYONE. Band camp fee covers this cost FOR BAND STUDENTS ONLY. Other family members $6 each. Pay by CHECK made out to SBB
- 1 case of 24-40 bottles of water or $10 donation (cheaper to bring the water!)
We accept payments through Charms, checks/money orders payable to SBB or EXACT cash only. Thank you!
If you are missing anything, we will call you to return to the school to complete forms and/or pay.
Students will also need:
- Instruments and equipment
- ½ Gallon or Gallon water jug – Igloo or Thermos Brand – blue color – FILL EACH DAY**
- Athletic shoes for marching
- Cool, comfortable clothing for outdoors (shorts and t-shirt – IT WILL BE HOT!!)
FYI – there are THEME days so check the FB page!
- Hat/visor, ball caps are good – hats with more shade are better
DO NOT DRINK MILK BEFORE COMING – TRUST US!
Checklist for Saturday’s mandatory parent meeting (NOON):
- Band fee $150 – (paid in Charms)
- Booster Membership Form and payment – check made out to SBB (form in Charms)
- After school meal plan form and payment if needed (form in Charms)
This provides pizza to your student prior to the games since most won’t go home on those days. $50 for the season – check made out to SBB
- Financial Aid Request Form (Charms) if needed
Payments due August 30th.
- Uniform Rental Fee: $37.45 (Returning musicians only)
Make separate check or money order only out to: Steinbrenner High School (SHS)*
- Instrument Rental Fee: $42.80 (All percussionists – as needed for other musicians)
Make separate check or money order ONLY out to: Steinbrenner High School (SHS)*
THESE TWO PAYMENTS CANNOT BE PAID THRU CHARMS AS THEY GO TO THE SCHOOL – A CHECK MUST BE PROVIDED
QUESTION? CONTACT JIM YOUNG, MWB BOARD PRESIDENT – JDYOUNG114@GMAIL.COM OR 813-833-1177
*SBB monies can be combined into ONE check – SHS checks must be SEPARATE
**Cooler color should be similar to school color – doesn’t have to be EXACT