Looking for info on the upcoming season / school year and what it means to be a part of the MWB family? Here you go! http://steinbrennerband.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/NewStudentOrientationPacket2019.pdf
Welcome to the 2018 – 2019 Steinbrenner Marching Warrior Brigade!
Here is what you need to know for the first day of band camp!
Check-in starts at 11:00am in the bus circle parking lot. Band camp BEGINS at NOON. If you arrive after 11:00am, you are late. Please allow plenty of time to get through check-in and have all your forms completed ahead of time so we can get you through the process very quickly.
Charms is our student data management system. You can access it at http://charmsoffice.com and login with group name: SteinbrennerHSBand and Student ID (for example: John Doe would be DoeJ). You can download forms, make payments, see the calendar and sign up to volunteer through Charms. Forms are found under HANDOUTS AND FILES tab.
Checklist for Monday:
- Band Camp Fee $80 (paid in Charms or by check to SBB)
- Medical Release Forms (2 needed – 1 for file, 1 for trips) – there will be 2 notaries at check-in for your convenience
- New Student Uniform Package (not for Guard) $80 – Practice Uniform, hat and Dinkles marching band shoes (form in Charms) – NOT NEEDED FOR RETURNING STUDENTS!
- Returning Students Only – Extra/replacement practice uniform parts/Dinkles order form and payment (form in Charms)
- Required school forms (hazing/social media, media release – forms in Charms)
- Saturday BBQ RSVP form. BBQ is being catered for our lunch for EVERYONE. Band camp fee covers this cost FOR BAND STUDENTS ONLY. Other family members $6 each. Pay by CHECK made out to SBB
- 1 case of 24-40 bottles of water or $10 donation (cheaper to bring the water!)
We accept payments through Charms, checks/money orders payable to SBB or EXACT cash only. Thank you!
If you are missing anything, we will call you to return to the school to complete forms and/or pay.
Students will also need:
- Instruments and equipment
- ½ Gallon or Gallon water jug – Igloo or Thermos Brand – blue color – FILL EACH DAY**
- Athletic shoes for marching
- Cool, comfortable clothing for outdoors (shorts and t-shirt – IT WILL BE HOT!!)
FYI – there are THEME days so check the FB page!
- Hat/visor, ball caps are good – hats with more shade are better
DO NOT DRINK MILK BEFORE COMING – TRUST US!
Checklist for Saturday’s mandatory parent meeting (NOON):
- Band fee $150 – (paid in Charms)
- Booster Membership Form and payment – check made out to SBB (form in Charms)
- After school meal plan form and payment if needed (form in Charms)
This provides pizza to your student prior to the games since most won’t go home on those days. $50 for the season – check made out to SBB
- Financial Aid Request Form (Charms) if needed
Payments due August 30th.
- Uniform Rental Fee: $37.45 (Returning musicians only)
Make separate check or money order only out to: Steinbrenner High School (SHS)*
- Instrument Rental Fee: $42.80 (All percussionists – as needed for other musicians)
Make separate check or money order ONLY out to: Steinbrenner High School (SHS)*
THESE TWO PAYMENTS CANNOT BE PAID THRU CHARMS AS THEY GO TO THE SCHOOL – A CHECK MUST BE PROVIDED
QUESTION? CONTACT JIM YOUNG, MWB BOARD PRESIDENT – JDYOUNG114@GMAIL.COM OR 813-833-1177
*SBB monies can be combined into ONE check – SHS checks must be SEPARATE
**Cooler color should be similar to school color – doesn’t have to be EXACT
GATHER ‘ROUND, FOLKS – IT’S THAT TIME!! Time to SADDLE UP and get registered for camp and EXCITED to show your
Band camp is required for all marching band students. Camp is Monday – Friday, 12pm-9pm, July 30th – Aug 3rd, and Saturday, Aug 4th from 9am-2pm. Required parent meeting on Saturday the 4th at noon.
Cost is $80 per student. This fee includes dinner each day and the BBQ on Saturday. PAYMENT INFO TBA
Go HERE to register!
It’s going to be a FANTASTIC season!
Register for your orientation! There are 2 dates – July 31st and August 1st – from 8am – 12pm. Then you will head to BAND CAMP for the day! #youwillbeexhausted
Here is the link to register – which can also be found on the high school website under NEWS – FRESHMEN ORIENTATION CAMP.
Have you had trouble sleeping lately? Are you in the market for a new mattress? If so – we have a great opportunity for you! Choose from a selection of fantastic products at Steinbrenner High School on Saturday, October 21. You’ll get a great deal on a wonderful mattress, you’ll sleep better, AND a portion of the sale will go to support the Steinbrenner High School band program. It is a winning situation for everyone! See you there!
The Steinbrenner Band Mulch Sale was a HUGE success! Thank you to all of our customers for your purchases and donations. We believe that having music in our schools is so important and it is heartwarming to have the community support the band program through our fundraisers. THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Thank you so much to all of you who supported our fall mulch sale. Unfortunately, Hurricane Irma knocked out power to the mulch mill that is supplying our products, so we will NOT be able to make deliveries this weekend (September 15-16) as previously promised. Band families will deliver mulch to all of our customers either September 23 or 30, depending on when power is restored.
We apologize for this inconvenience. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
IT’S THAT TIME!! Time to get registered for camp and EXCITED for the year of ZORRO!!
Band camp is required for all marching band personnel.
Cost is $70 per student. Includes dinner each day and the BBQ on Saturday.
Monday – Thursday, 12pm-9pm (July 24-27), Friday Section Day (Locations TBD) and Saturday, July 29 from 9am-2pm. Required parent meeting on Saturday, July 29th at noon.
Parents will receive an email with payment instructions after July 12th.
Go HERE to register!
It’s going to be a FANTASTIC season!
Don’t miss out on this AWESOME opportunity to get to know your band director and all about this very rewarding program!
Want to be a Steinbrenner Legend for the 2017-2018 school year? Come to auditions May 1-4, 6-8pm in the Martinez Middle School Gym. No experience necessary….just the desire to learn how to dance and toss flags, rifles, and sabres! Futher info – contact Kathy Thal at firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in “beating your own drum”? Or any other percussion instrument? Percussion auditions are May 2nd – 4th from 5 – 7pm in the Steinbrenner High School band room. Further info – contact Jason Allgair at email@example.com
Incoming parent orientation and information meeting will be held on May 23rd at 6pm in the Steinbrenner High School auditorium. Students are not required to attend as it’s exam week, but at this meeting you will receive an overview of the FABULOUS band program, the expectations as well as time for a Q & A session. Great opportunity to get set up for success for the next year!! Further info – contact Jason Allgair at firstname.lastname@example.org